Just some thoughts

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

On the forged Nigera documents

This article shows that it truely is a complicated issue, and perhaps no one knows the entire story. I still feel that this is incredibly fishy. Note that this article does point out that the CIA said the forged documents were not the basis for claiming that Iraq was seeking Uranium. Yet, once the documents were revealed as false, the CIA reversed its position entirely...

This raises serious doubts, yet perhaps my statements in the letter were hasty.

I'm sure that it will probably not be politically possible to re-open the investigation, but I think something should be done beyond simply voting this administration out of office. Although the ramifications of punnishing a President for "making a mistake" are complex, I still think a precedent should be set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home